Mobile marketing is the latest branch on the online marketing tree to really start seeing results on successful scale across all industries. With the majority of the population turning to smartphones, and with this looking certain to continue on a larger scale over the next few years, it is vital businesses use mobile marketing! The question that needs to be answered is one of; is email marketing dead now? The short answer is no. Email marketing still has a place to build lists and send out information on a less regular occurrence. However, with the age of tomorrow wanting everything to be instant, it is little wonder why mobile and text marketing is the logical progression.
Over 40% of consumers now check emails on their smartphones, which leads to an understanding of mobile targeted marketing being the way forward to stay ahead of your competitor, and inevitably get information to your audience at a speedier rate! Here are ten key points why mobile marketing will have the edge over the coming months and years:-
- Immediacy – This is one of the main reasons, as mobile and texts can be so instant to a generation whom are rarely parted with their smartphone. With a staggering statistic such as 97% open their text messages within 5 seconds, it is little wonder why this is a method for success.
- Distribution - You don’t need an envelope or a postage stamp to send information direct to your customers and targeted audience. The distribution is of real ease to a national or global scale, or wherever your growing audience or potential clients are.
- Response Rate - As stated earlier, the response rate for the majority is within 5 seconds which makes it beneficial to see how many of the texts are being taken seriously, and more importantly whether the targeted audience are going to act on the piece of the information received.
- Personal - The fact that people see their mobile phone as a personal item can work in your favour, as many see emails as a work related platform. With the audience taking this viewpoint, you may be able to have a better chance of success of sales or even up selling.
- Mobility - The mobility of the mobile speaks for itself. In this generation you can take your smartphone nearly anywhere and still have access to the internet, or have relevant signal to receive text messages.
- Interactivity - Coupling with the immediacy of text marketing, the interaction side of things will have a greater chance of success. This will be because the ease of being on a mobile phone may lead the customer or client to engage and interact more. In addition, mainly because it’s not time consuming at all!
- Quantifiable - Campaign results can be tracked through downloads, page visits, customer opt-ins, and a variety of other methods as well dependent upon the mobile marketing method being utilized.
- Viral Potential - The ease with which mobile marketing messages can be shared increases the potential for your message to be shared with new audiences/potential customers at no cost to you.
- Marketing Campaign Integration - Provides the ability to integrate new, innovative forms of advertising/promotion with existing strategies to enhance their interactivity and impact.
Text marketing doesn’t mean the end of email marketing, more of a helping hand! It is important to utilize as many marketing methods online as possible as this will increase the chances of your business having a bigger brand, presence, and online authority.
Combining email marketing, lead generation and other online marketing activities such as social media, with text message and mobile marketing can help you to generate more leads, sales and increase conversion of your marketing activities. To get started why not text “HODGESNET” and your email address to 60777, or call the team on 01793 608777 and we’ll be happy to get you set up or talk through any queries you may have.